Friends of Willunga Basin is a not for profit group dedicated to preserving the environment, agricultural land use, biodiversity, beauty and significant heritage values of the Willunga Basin region. We oppose urban sprawl and fight for good planning and environmental protection.
Our main objectives are to:
- Protection of the local environment
- Defend the region from urban sprawl and inappropriate development
- Retain and enhance natural and heritage assets, restore damaged ecosystems
- Plan for climate change and a future of oil scarcity
- Encourage sound planning, challenge poor planning decisions
- Retain agriculture as the primary land use within the Protection District
- Promote sustainable lifestyles
If you live in this area because you love it and wish to see it preserved, please join us to provide the active support, political credibility and funds to achieve our aims.
If you have questions please contact us for answers.
For the most up-to-date information please visit Willunga Basin Trail Facebook